1. The Information We Collect
We collect information about you through providing our Services. The types of information we collect depends on the Services and the features you use on the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information to provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete that information, you may no longer be able to access or use certain Services.
a. Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information that you provide directly to us through:
- Your use of our Services, e.g. when you register for an account or use the tutoring services we offer;
- Your participation in surveys or when you fill out our forms;
- Your request for information about our Services, such as when inquiring about our tutoring services;
- Your purchase or use of our Services, such as when you engage with a tutor or student on our Services;
- Your subscription to newsletters;
- Your registration for contests or promotions;
- Your requests for support and/or technical assistance;
- Your transmission of user content or other information to us; and
- Any other communications you have with us.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to:
- Account Registration and Contact Information: We may collect information from you when you sign up for an account with us. That information may include, among other things, your name, a username, email address, profile picture, display name, password, date of birth, address, gender, and other information you provide.
- Payment and Financial Information: We or our service providers may collect payment information from you, such as payment card number, expiration date, billing address, and payment account name.
- Demographic Information: We may collect your demographic information such as your country of residence, time zone, and language(s) spoken.
- Audio/Video Tutoring Session Data: When you use our Services to engage with a tutor or student, we retain recordings of the video and chat sessions. We may use such recordings for our internal business purposes, including without limitation for purposes of tutor evaluation, tutor training, dispute resolution, and improving our Services. Tutors may also create a tutor profile video.
- Other Content and Other Information You Provide to Us: We collect additional content and information that you voluntarily provide us, such as content you submit when you, respond to surveys, use the classroom whiteboard, contact us via the Services or by e-mail.
You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Services may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
b. Information from Affiliates and Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you or others through our affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties. For example, TCSC tutors may take notes on your conversations, based on information provided during tutoring sessions. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Services with information that we obtain from such third parties, such as if you sign in with a third party service or social media networks, and information derived from other products or services we provide.
c. Information We Collect Automatically
We may also use local shared objects (also known as "Flash cookies") to assist in delivering special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are not managed through your web browser. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Services, because the Services may not function properly. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not affect flash cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect general location information (such as general location inferred from an IP address).
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information for business and commercial purposes, such as:
- To provide you with the Services, including to register you for an account, enable tutoring sessions, and process transactions;
- To respond to your questions or inquiries, including to provide support and troubleshooting assistance;
- To communicate with you, including to communicate with you about your account, inquiries, our company, and related news, as well as to send you promotional emails, surveys, newsletters, or notifications;
- To manage and remember your preferences and customize the Services;
- To analyze and improve the Services or any other products and services we provide;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
- To improve our advertising and marketing, such as to provide you with recommendations for products or services that may interest you;
- To verify your identity;
- To comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by law;
- To protect the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Services;
- To prevent fraud and enforce our legal terms; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
3. With Whom & Why We Share Your Information
We may share or disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- Affiliates: We may share your information with TCSC affiliates.
- Service Providers: We provide access to or share your information with select vendors who perform services on our behalf. They provide a variety of services to us, including data storage, analytics, billing, marketing, product content and features, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and legal services.
- Legal Requirements: We may share or disclose certain information if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary or appropriate to comply with any law enforcement, legal, or regulatory process, such as to respond to a warrant, subpoena, court order, or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Business Transfer: We may share or disclose certain information, in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information: From time to time, we may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services, such as by creating reports on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
4. Online Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Information we collect automatically” section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative's (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance's (“DAA”) Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI's and DAA's websites, accessible by the above links.
5. Our Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
The laws of some jurisdictions such as the laws of the European Union require data controllers to tell you about the legal ground that they rely on for using, sharing, or disclosing of your information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- Contractual Commitments: We may use, share, or disclose information to honor our contractual commitments to you. For example, to comply with our User Agreement, which you accept by browsing or otherwise using our Services.
- With Your Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the basis of your consent.
- Legitimate Interests: In many cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate business interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as customer service, certain promotional activities, analyzing and improving our business, providing security for our Services, preventing fraud, and managing legal issues.
- Legal Compliance: We need to use, share, and disclose information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
6. Security of Your Information
We implement security measures to protect your information. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account credentials and you need to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. Please understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
7. Consent to Transfer
8. Children’s Privacy
The TCSC Site contains content appropriate for children, including those under the age of 13 in the United States, Australia or 16 in all other jurisdictions (“children”), and may collect personal information directly from children.
Our general-audience Services are not directed to children. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children through the Services. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove that information as required by applicable law and terminate the applicable account.
9. Third-Party Websites
Our Services may link to third-party websites from companies other than TCSC, such as to relevant online resources, our partners’ websites, and other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties.
10. Your Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your information, such as:
- Profile Information and Accounts: If you have an account on our Services, you can access and edit the information you provided to us through individual settings in the Services. If you want to terminate your account, please request account termination through settings in the Services or by emailing help@TCSC.com.
- Marketing Emails: To opt out of marketing e-mail communications, you may click the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails.
- Nevada Residents: Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration (as such terms are defined by Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. We do not engage in such activity.
- EU, Turkish and Brazilian Residents: You may have the following rights, under certain circumstances. To exercise any of your rights please email us at email@example.com . Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- Update or rectify information which is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain information that we are holding about you
- Oppose, cancel or restrict the way that we process and disclose certain information
- Transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request as required or permitted by applicable law.
- If you have unresolved concerns, you may lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- California Residents: Please review our Supplemental Privacy Notice for California residents.
Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include needing to continue processing your information to comply with a legal obligation. We may request that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
12. Contacting Us
That Cloud Company
Waterman Business Centre
Suite 109 / Level 2
66 Victor Crescent
NARRE WARREN VIC 3805
13. Supplemental Privacy Notice for Australian Residents
Australian law requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal information that we have collected about Australian consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties with whom we share personal information.
- Identifiers: We may collect identifiers such as name, email address, phone number, and other account information.
- Commercial Information: We may collect commercial information, such as transaction data regarding the transactions you’ve made with or through us.
- Demographic Information: We may indirectly collect demographic information through your profile information or tutoring sessions.
- Financial or Payment Information: We or our service providers may collect payment or other financial information, such as to process payments for the Services.
- Employment Information: We may collect employment and business contact information, such as job positions and titles, and business contact information.
- Internet or Other Network or Device Activity: We may collect network or device information, such as an IP address, unique device identifiers, advertising and app identifiers, browsing history, or other usage data.
- Location Information: We may collect general location information (such as those inferred from an IP address or time zone).
- Sensory Information: We may collect sensory information, such as video and audio recordings of tutoring sessions.
- Personal Information Related to Protected Classifications: Our users may provide us with information that reveals information related to protected classifications, such as ethnicity or nationality.
- Other Information that Identifies or Can Be Reasonably Associated With You: We may also collect other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you, such as when you send us communications.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; and (3) third parties such as social media networks and analytics or attribution partners.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Provide the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Operational purposes (e.g. to enable and troubleshoot our Services);
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Services;
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Services;
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
If you are an Australian resident, you may have certain rights. Australian law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through this form or at firstname.lastname@example.org . You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. If you have an online account with us, logging into your account will serve to verify your identity and request, although we may request additional information if we believe your account has been compromised. If you do not have an account with us, or if we have reason to suspect that the security of your account is compromised, we will request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought.
You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
The Australian Privacy Act sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information, including opting out of the “sale” of their personal information. Although we do not believe we engage in the sale of personal information (and have not in the past twelve months) as we currently understand such term to be defined under applicable law and relevant regulatory guidance, we do share information as described in this Policy, including with certain analytics and advertising partners who perform certain services like analyzing our Services and showing you ads for TCSC.
Depending on how you use the Services, we may share the following categories of information with analytics and advertising partners: identification and demographics; device information and identifiers, such as IP address and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; and inference data. If you would like to opt out of TCSC’s use of your information for such purposes, you may do so by opting out as set forth above in the section on Online Analytics & Advertising.
Australia Do-Not Track Disclosure
TCSC is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes. That is why we have provided links (above) to the NAI "Consumer Opt-Out" link, the DAA opt-out link, and a Google opt-out link. However, TCSC does not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Copyright © 2021. All Rights Reserved.